[AccessD] Normalizing issue

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 26 11:07:35 CDT 2005

It's really very common -- especially for people writing in different
venues. For instance, I know people that right "romance" (the steamy kind)
novels -- they use pen names. They're not ashamed of their work, but you
really don't want little Betsy who loves your children's books finding your
hot steamy romance on the racks and thinking it's for her. :) In this case,
this is usually more an agent/publisher issue than for the writers. It's the
publishers that don't want the confusion, not necessarily the writers.

Susan H.

Great catch, Charlotte. Once I sold six articles to a single publication and
all appeared in a single issue! The in-house rule was that only two articles
by a single author could appear in any given issue, so I had to manufacture
two pen names. For one I stuck with my initials (Adrian Fischer) and for the
other I borrowed a name from one of my fave novels, Tom Pynchon's V -- Evan
Godolphin. LOL! I haven't thought about that for twenty years! Thanks for
the memories!