[AccessD] Can I spell check an unbound field?

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:19:07 CDT 2005

On 6/28/05, Lonnie Johnson <prodevmg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think the answer is no, but there is always a guru with a hack.
>
> I have a form that is unbound. I have a large memo field and I would like to spellcheck that memo field before appending it to the actual recordset that it will go to.
>
> Can it be done?

Is there a way to do it? Yes.

However, the method I know involves creating a MicrosoftWord object
and piping the text into the document, spellchecking it in word, then
returning the mispelled words along with the suggestions. It's a lot
of hassle, and someone else might know a better way to use Access's
Spellcheck.

If you're still interested though, let me know and I'll throw some
example code up here.
--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein