[AccessD] Listing open forms

Steve Capistrant scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com
Sat Mar 12 12:19:31 CST 2005

Gang,

I'm interested in displaying a list of open forms, allowing the user to
toggle among currently open forms (but not any .  Using the built in
Windows menu is not an option because it exposes things I don't want the
user messing with (e.g. Unhide...).   I can alter the built in Windows
menu to exclude unwanted items, but that is a global setting, affecting
ALL Access apps.

Option 1.  Create a custom version of the WINDOWS menu on an Access menu
bar.  But I can't figure out how to reproduce the built in feature; its
not a fixed "item" on the list with code I can copy.  Also, how would I
limit the objects to forms only?

Option 2.  Create a popup form, which can be called from any context,
containing a listbox showing all open forms.  This is my second choice,
but acceptable if necessary.  I assume it involves looping through the
forms collection and applying an IsLoaded() function.

Any tips or hints?  Thanks.

Steve Capistrant
scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com
Symphony Information Services