[AccessD] A2003:File copy copies an older version

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Sun Mar 13 23:33:56 CST 2005

Hello all
I have a routine that copies a file (Latest version of My App) from a
network
location to folder on the Users PC

Everything works well
The first time I ran the routine, the whole process took a bit less than a
minute
"That'll do" I thought - in relation to speed

The next time I ran the routine (and subsequent times since) it only takes a
few seconds
This sounds good in theory, but I think it is only copying a version from
'cache'

So the problem is.
The first time this routine was run, if version 1.00 is on the network drive
then
that version ends up in 'cache' and is copied each and every time I run the
routine

Even if I have manually copied Version 1.10 to the network then run the
routine.
Version 1.00 is still being copied to and dropped into the local folder

ARRRGGHH

What is this? I have never experienced this behaviour and defeats the
purpose of having
An auto updater in my apps

Is anyone familiar with this or do they know a way around it?

Many thanks in advance

Darren