[AccessD] Rtf to text

Griffiths, Richard R.Griffiths at bury.gov.uk
Tue Mar 15 04:24:30 CST 2005

Hi

I have a table (converted from Paradox) that has a memo field that
contains rtf data (ie rtf formatting and some readable text embedded).
I am trying to extract the relevant text part.  I have created a Access
form that displays the raw data (raw1) and added a rtf activeX text box
whose control source is the raw1 text box - this then shows the raw1
data correctly.

If I msgbox the activex text box the rtf data with formtting is
displayed - no good. If a add a further text box that references the
activex textbox then it simply shows the rtf raw formatted data.

If I copy and pasted the activex data into a third textbox I can msgbox
that correctly - but I have 6000 records so this will not do.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Richard