[AccessD] Need code help again Please x posted

Joe Hecht jmhla at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 21 22:58:03 CST 2005

I have a sub form where I need to do some logic checking. sfrmSampleSize

User either selects all pieces (ChkAllPieces), a yes no field , txtPieces, a
numeric txt box, (txtPieces) or N/A, (chkNA).
If more then one field is changed from 0 or not selected I run the following
code.

Private Sub ChkAllPieces_AfterUpdate()
DoCmd.SetWarnings False

    If Me.txtPieces.Value <> 0 Or Me.chkNA.Value = True Then

                Dim lngRetval As Long

               lngRetval = MsgBox( _
              "You have selected conflicting instructions." & vbCrLf & "" &
vbCrLf & "Please select one only:" & vbCrLf & "" & vbCrLf & "All samples, A
number of samples or N/A" & vbCrLf & "" & vbCrLf & "", _
               vbOKOnly + vbExclamation + vbDefaultButton1, _
              "Conflicting Instructions")

              Select Case lngRetval
                         Case vbOK
              End Select

    End If

Me.txtPieces.Value = 0
Me.ChkAllPieces.Value = 0
Me.chkNA.Value = False

DoCmd.SetWarnings True

End Sub

Problem : I can no longer set value of chkAllPieces to true. It
automatically changes back to unchecked.

Can anyone tell me why?

Thanks

Joe