[AccessD] Re: Compare first letter of String

connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.gov.au connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.gov.au
Mon Mar 21 23:19:09 CST 2005

I have three sets of Strings to represent Authority Number they begin with
one of three letters A, L or P.

I need to limit access to the reports to the corresponding letter. ie For
the Approval Certificate I only want the Authorities with A at the start to
be able to open this form.

I will put the limitation on the button to open the Certificate but I am
not sure how to do this, do I use the LEFT$

Connie Kamrowski

Analyst/Programmer
Information Technology
NSW Department of Primary Industries
Orange

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or received
it in error, please delete the message and notify sender. Views expressed
are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily the views of
their organisation.