[AccessD] HTML personalized mass mail

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Mar 1 08:32:29 CST 2005

Hi all

The client wish to move from general mass e-mail (Dear customer ..) in
plain text to personalized e-mail (Dear Mrs. Harkins ..) in HTML
format.

I know all about getting Access to generate e-mails and have them
mailed but how to create the body of the e-mail in HTML format? Also,
the e-mail must contain a part in plain text which will be shown to
those receivers not having a mail client with HTML reader.

My thought is to have the client's advertising agency creating a
template with a "field" - some unique search word which I can search for
and replace with the actual customer's name as it carries no purpose to
have the Access app build the e-mail from scratch.

Has anyone done something similar?

/gustav