[AccessD] HTML personalized mass mail

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Mar 1 10:18:34 CST 2005

Hi Jim

Thanks, nice offer, however this is a custom built CRM/DM Access
application which works OK, just needs to be expanded with up-to-date
mailing features. So I would prefer to keep as much as possible within
the application. That should be possible as the mail body will be
provided from an external source.

/gustav

>>> accessd at shaw.ca 01-03-2005 16:53:16 >>>
Hi Gustav:

Andy and I put together a mini-app on the DBA site when creating a
web-ring.
We used ASP-Mail, a free, or a least it was, mail server/client
package. I
personally use PHP mail as the price is right and it can be ran on
anything
that can run IIS. IIS use to be able to downloaded for free. Since XP
Professional and 2000 it is no longer available but it is part of those
OSs.
I use to run IIS on my Win98SE box until it required a rebuild and
never
bothered to install it again. The mailing part is simple to setup and
only
requires about 30 lines of code to run.

If you want to go that route I can send you the code.

Jim