[AccessD] Access to Word Merge

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Wed Mar 2 07:55:43 CST 2005

I am using the below code to open a Word document. The user wants to use a
Word document for the printed form. So I am trying to create a Mail Merge
with the EquipSpec.doc.

Is there a way to use this same code but include something that will open
the Word document to the current record?

Sort of like using the OpenReport to a certain record:

    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[EquipSpecID]=" &
Me![EquipSpecID]

Virginia

Function GoToEquipSpecForm()

'Opens Spec Word document

    Dim objWord As Object

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

objWord.Visible = True

objWord.Documents.Open "C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\EQIPSPEC.doc", ,
True

Set objWord = Nothing

End Function