[AccessD] Access to Word Merge

Steve Conklin (Developer@UltraDNT) Developer at UltraDNT.com
Wed Mar 2 11:21:39 CST 2005

Virginia:
You will need a proper record position of the desired record, ie, ES-23
= record # 23 in the query (or it doesn't) ...
Then once you have this number, the Word application needs to issue a
GoTo command, for that same number SECTION, not page - this is
important, a Word mail merge is numbered by sections for each record,
not by page - there's  a Page 1 for each record.

Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToSection, Which:=wdGoToFirst, Count:=<RECORD
#>, Name:=""

Hth
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Hollis,Virginia
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:33 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Access to Word Merge

The mail merge is getting the data from a query - not directly from a
table.

But on the form, when you go to a specific record. I want a cmdButton
that will run the code to open the Word (mail merge) & show just the
data for that record. Right now the Word mail merge always opens to the
first record in the database & not the current record from the form.

I thought I would need some a statement in the code so the mail merge
knows which record to display for the data. If I want ES-1, the Word
file opens to ES-1. If I am on ES-23, the Word file opens to ES-23.

Virginia

Virginia
I suggest you set the merge data of your doc to a temp table or a query
rather than direct to a main table. If a temp table you write the
required record to the tabel before opening the doc, then do the
mailmerge. If you base the doc on a query you ensure with the query's
criteria that it uses the right record. Either way the doc will then
just open to the right record.
--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk <http://www.minstersystems.co.uk>