[AccessD] Embedding a WAV file

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Wed Mar 2 16:38:09 CST 2005

Hi Rocky
Demo Sent off line

Anyone else want a demo?
Send an email OFF LIST to d.dick at uws.edu.au

See ya

DD

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Rocky Smolin -
Beach Access Software
Sent: Thursday, 3 March 2005 4:25 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Embedding a WAV file

Darren:

When I do the installable run-time I think I can include my WAV file and it
will be transparent to the user. For beta testing I need to send them just
one file.  So I'm still looking for a way to do this.

I did insert-->Object-->from file and inserted the wav file in an Unbound
Object Frame.  But getting it to play in the On Click events of other
controls, like command buttons, is the next problem.  And then, I would
probably have to insert this UOF in every form.

Is there maybe a way of putting it into a field in a table and running it
from there so it could be run from any form?

TIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
http://www.e-z-mrp.com