[AccessD] Automating parameterized action queries.....

Sad Der accessd666 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 00:53:17 CST 2005

You both have good points. I explained this to them
and they understand the risks...if they do anything
with it....

However, because the risk of users trashing the DB is
so high this is a project in wich I do not take any
responsible what so ever when anything crashes, data
is incorrect etc.

To avoid as much problems as possible in the future I
created a lot of logging tables etc so I can see what
tables were linked and wich queries run to create a
certain Excel report. How many rows the report has
etc.

So, thnx a lot for the answers and discussion but now
it's time to do some programming.

~Sander

--- "John W. Colby" <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com>
wrote:

> When I have users that need to run their own queries
> I set them up with a
> local (to their machine) front end, linked to all
> the necessary tables.
> They can then build queries and reports to their
> heart's content.  It is
> important to know that they know what they are doing
> because they are
> "directly in the tables" with queries and can trash
> the db pretty easily.
>
> John W. Colby
> www.ColbyConsulting.com
>
> Contribute your unused CPU cycles to a good cause:
> http://folding.stanford.edu/

GetParameterX=Forms!frmWhatever!txtBoxHoldingParameter

=== message truncated ===