[AccessD] Automating parameterized action queries.....

Fri Mar 11 12:34:56 CST 2005

Yes I realized that you were looking at giving the users a FE of their own
to play with, but I have not figured out how you can give them R/O queries
with no tables. Don't you need tables for the queries to work with?

( turns back to Access to play with an Idea !!!)

Ah Hah! Now I see how to do this:

You build a bunch of queries in the 'real' database, one for each table, and
make them all SnapShot queries.
Then import all of the queries to an empty database, open each of the
queries and change the source database property from "(current)" to the path
to the actual database BE.

Now all the queries return read-only data, and the FE has no tables at all.
Neat!

However, the user's also now know where the real data is located (by reading
the source database property), so what's going to stop them from linking
directly to the tables ... Access user security. :-)

Lambert