[AccessD] OT Is ther a way to certified, notorized or digital signed an email document?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 12 00:51:10 CST 2005

Hi All:

I have run into a bit of an issue with a client and their Domain
registration. I was called in after the company that held the DNS went broke
and the client's site when off line. Fortunately, the company that handled
the actual Domain registration was unaffected.

Another twist to this tale is that the Administration contact person was not
the actual site owner but a friend. The friend has since left town and has
traveled back east and is no longer checking her emails...(She may have
abandoned her email as it was through a Shaw a cable provider.)

In order to update or relocate the site the request has to be validated
through the Administration Contact person's email. See the reply upon
requesting an email change from the administration of the Domain Registrar.

<comment from Registrar>
I wish I could, but ICANN rules forbid us from doing that, and they could
shut us down if we change domain details without a signed letter of
authorization from the legal registrant :(
</comment from Registrar>

The question is, is there a way to pass a certified, registered and possibly
notarized legal document through email?

Now this is a good security question.

MTIA
Jim