[AccessD] 2000 vs 97 - trim error

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 13 01:19:33 CST 2005

Just open up the code behind a report, there maybe no code there but
there is still p-code attached to the form like the trim statement
and save and compile all. But the error may have been the  uncompiled
code in the 2000 version causing it during a convert.
To test just hit CTRL -G from database window and in debug window type
?Access.Application.IsCompiled

For gory details on P-Code and canonical text (source code) in compilations
http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet004.asp?1033

You might have to use the command line /decompile method  to get things
sorted out
This will remove all the compiled p-code from the mdb
go to Run and type in cmd  then type in appropriate version of this line
below or cut and paste
to paste in the cmd window use a right click

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE"
"D:\FullPathTothe\Database.mdb" /decompile

Or Check her menu -- > help--> about Microsoft Access
to see if form says
Microsoft (R) Access 97
 SR-2