[AccessD] packing a dbf from within Access 97

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Fri Mar 18 15:17:22 CST 2005

There is no "pack" command for an Access database, which is what I
assume the "dbf" file in question to be.  When you delete records, they
are gone immediately.  If the records are still appearing in your ArcGIS
application, then it doesn't sound like the fault is with Access, but
with refreshing the links the ArcGIS software is holding.

Charlotte Foust