[AccessD] packing a dbf from within Access 97

Boogie Loogie boogieloogie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:12:47 CST 2005

Actually when using access to delete records from a dbf file they are
infact not deleted. They are only marked for delete. Access recognizes
that files that are marked as deleted, flagged if you will, should not
appear. Other programs need the dbf packed, thus a true delete, or
else the records will display. Not really the fault of either
software...just the way the manufacturers handled the situation when
developing.

Oh well I will try and write my own utility to see what I can come up with.

Thanks anyway.

BL