[AccessD] 2003 "permissions" - the other part

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Sun Mar 20 16:29:12 CST 2005

Erwin explained:
> A workgroup file (an MDW file) is a file that access uses for
> Access security at object level.

<snip> the rest

Thanks Erwin. I followed most of that, and you are right, I have no need of any security stuff in Access. It's all my stuff, or a couple databases I maintain for clients (indiviual people, not companies).

I think I now know what happened to mess things up. One of the earliest message I got when I opened the database when I first updated had some type of security message (didn't write it down) and I played around with trying to follow what it was talking about. I did do *something* that had to do with securty. But I forgot about that between the time I opened the first mdb (the ABC one) and successfully opening the other databases I was using. Anyway, that seems to explain why I could open the rest and not ABC - whatever I did must have locked up *only* the ABC file.

So thanks all, I can file away this thread now.

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
kathryn at bassett.net