[AccessD] Access & Terminal Services

Neal Kling nkling at co.montgomery.ny.us
Wed Mar 23 09:27:07 CST 2005

When you install W2000 server you have a choice as to whether you want Terminal Services to be in Application mode or Remote Administration mode. In Remote Administration mode you are limited to two concurrent users and it is licensed for two clients. In application mode you have (I believe) unlimited concurrent log ons, but each client must have it's own license. Win2K and XP come with a terminal services license; prior OSs do not and you have to pay.

W2003 server comes with Remote Administration mode by default. To change to Application mode you install Terminal Services Server.

Hope that helps,
Neal