[AccessD] Access & Terminal Services

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Thu Mar 24 13:22:53 CST 2005

I called MS about this a few weeks ago.

A TS user license is dedicated to a pc, not a user.
With a 25 TS user clients you can connect 25, always the same, pc's to
the TS server.
But this is for Windows 2003 server, they changed license policy for TS
from Windows 2003 on.

With Windows 2000 server TS, all Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro
have a build in TS client License.
When using other Windows versions (like Windows XP Home) you need to
purchase TS client licenses, which are dedicated to a remote pc (same
principal as in W2K3)
But a Windowsz XP Home pc has a temporary TS clients license that
expires after 30(?) days.

Greetz
Erwin