[AccessD] Query Line Numbers

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 11:20:46 CST 2005

That's cool. I love it. How does putting a field into the function make it work? Just curious.

Erwin Craps - IT Helps <Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be> wrote:Code below will do the tric

You use this function in a query but mus give a field (any field) in the
parameters to trick access.

The function presumes that the query takes less then 10 seconds.
When using from vba i'ts safer to first first use the reset parameter
before using the function.
It stores a static variable that is reset by the reset command or by a
10second timeout.

Greetz

Function HitCounter(varDummy As Variant, Optional blnReset As Boolean)
As Long
' Comments :
' Parameters: pvarDummy
' pfBlnReset -
' Returns : Long -
' Modified :
'
' --------------------------------------------------
'TVCodeTools ErrorEnablerStart
On Error GoTo PROC_ERR
'TVCodeTools ErrorEnablerEnd

Static lngHitCounter As Long
Static dteLastRun As Date

If blnReset = True Then
lngHitCounter = 0
Exit Function
End If

If DateDiff("s", dteLastRun, Now()) > 10 Then
lngHitCounter = 0
End If

lngHitCounter = lngHitCounter + 1
HitCounter = lngHitCounter