[AccessD] Disabling Ctrl-A

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 17:06:39 CST 2005

You could use the autokeys macro to override the control A and send a msgbox saying "Can't do that"

David Emerson <newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz> wrote:AXP

One of my users has discovered that by selecting Ctrl-A this will select
all records. Then he can copy, open up Excel and paste all the records
into a spreadsheet. However, because of the sensitive nature of the data,
Management do not want the full database to be available this way.

How can I disable Ctrl-A so that all records cannot be selected. I have
already removed from my custom menu the option to Select all records but
Ctrl-A still works.

Of course there is still the problem of manually selecting all records with
the mouse - any thoughts on this problem as well?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
25 Cunliffe St, Churton Park
Wellington, New Zealand
Ph/Fax (04) 478-7456
Mobile 027-280-9348

May God bless you beyond your imagination!
Lonnie Johnson
ProDev, Professional Development of MS Access Databases
Visit me at ==> http://www.prodev.us