[AccessD] Outlook To Text Message (slightly OT)

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Tue May 3 05:51:49 CDT 2005

Slightly OT but I reckon of general interest.

My app here generates lots of emails, interfacing with Outlook/Exchange. We
also have other equipment generating emails (eg UPS, plant machinery). What
I want to do now is trigger receipt of certain emails to generate text
messages to mobiles. There seem to be lots of Outlook add-ins which sort of
do what I want but I can't see one immediately that's an exact fit. Ideally
we'd like it be Outlook-rule-based, so we can use Outlook's rules to say,
for example, any email from that source with that in the subject send it on
to xyz, where xyz would be an entry in the Address Book with a mobile
number, and have some software which recognises that that has to go as a
text message and sends it appropriately. So an add-in which allows you just
to type a text message, address it and send it is no use because in the
situations we want to use this it must be automated.

Anyone any experience/recommendations?

--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk