[AccessD] Using ADO to open a non-caching recordset

Darsant Silverstring darsant at gmail.com
Sat May 7 07:55:58 CDT 2005

I've come across a problem. I'm trying to access a recordset (which is
basically defined as a SELECT Query) for the sole intent of adding new
records for it. However, the recordset needs to be opened and closed
multiple times during the course of the program.

As it's running through adding records, as the table gets larger
(>300,000 records) the time it takes to reopen the recordset slows the
program down is horrible.

Is it possible to open a recordset without it pulling a cache of the
current records? With the execute command in ADO I know you can tell
it to not return a recordset, but not sure if there's a "Add only"
recordset option. Forward-Only looks like it might help, but I can't
seem to see a performance increase using this type only.

I'm still fairly new to using ADO but any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Josh McFarlane