[AccessD] Sagekey Problem and Solution

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Wed May 11 23:44:01 CDT 2005

Dear List:

I am using the Sagekey Script for Access 2003.  When I tested an A2K3 run-time app on a machine with only A2K  installed (it was also a W2K machine instead of WXp but I don't think that made any difference in this case) it replaced the Microsoft Access 9.0 Library with Microsoft Access 11.0 Library which I found by checking the references in another of my A2K apps which would no longer run correctly (actually the ADH form resizing code failed).  I could not delete this reference and, although I could add the reference to 9.0 I could not move it above the 11.0 reference so that it would take precedence.

The only way I could fix this problem is by doing a complete reinstall of O2K.

I wrote to Sagekey and they responded right away that it was a recently known and fixed issue and they haven't released the fix but they did attach a new version of LaunchAccess.exe to replace the old one and that fixed the problem.

Just a heads up for anyone who might be using the Sagekey Access 2003 script and their runtime might end up on a target box with only O2K installed, potentially hosing other A2K apps.

Regards,

is