[AccessD] Outlook To Text Message (slightly OT)

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed May 4 03:16:16 CDT 2005

Hi Andy and Stuart

SMS gateways are spread all over.
Here's a list with some of them:

http://www.cellular.co.za/email_to_sms_gateways.htm

/gustav

>>> stuart at lexacorp.com.pg 05/04 12:36 am >>>
On 3 May 2005 at 22:49, Andy Lacey wrote:

> Thanks Jim
> If you can't see the issue then am I over-complicating something? As
I said
> originally what I want to do is
> trigger receipt of certain emails in Outlook to generate text
messages to
> mobiles. So how would you do that Jim? Is it simple and I'm missing
the
> obvious? Wouldn't be surprised.

As I understand it , email/SMS gateways are a function of your phone
company.   If they support it, you just send an email to a special
address
of phonenumber at your.telco.sms.server.com with the text in the body of
the
email. The telco handles the rest.

If they don't provide this service then you are basically SOOL.

PNGs government controlled monopoly mobile telco of course doesn't
provide
this service so I have no direct experience  with it. :-(