[AccessD] Corrupt records-COMPLETE

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu May 5 10:59:07 CDT 2005

Hi Mark

Nice! Thanks.

/gustav

>>> markamatte at hotmail.com 05/05 5:30 pm >>>
Hello All,

The approach I took actually worked...so I thought I'd share.

A97 mdb said it needed to be repaired...after repairing it said someone
else
was trying to edit the same data.  I could not compact or open any
forms.  I
also could not copy, export, import, delete, or do anything to a couple
of
the tables.  I've seen this type of corruption before and immediately
went
to the MEMO fields...where I found a number of corrupt records.  Again
couldn't edit, delete, or do anything to these records. So...I opened a

recordset with the caseID and LEN(MEMO_FIELD)...as I looped through the

recordset I tested to see if LEN(MEMO_FIELD) was null or >0...if so run
query that appends just that record to my new table...when it got to a

corrupt record...the LEN function caused an error...and error handling

simply sent it to the next record.  After, I compared case numbers from
the
original to the new table to display my corrupt records.

Just thought I'd share...hope it helps someone.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte

P.S...Also, all of the objects had user security so I couldn't look at

anything in design anyway, but the app would still let me open the db
window...thanks to the wealth of knowledge on this list...I opened a
blank
db, draggedNdropped...voila...no more security.  Just a reminder for
those
of us still using A97.  Thanks Again...

>From: "Mark A Matte" <markamatte at hotmail.com>
>To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
>Subject: Re: Re: [AccessD] Corrupt records
>Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 21:00:05 +0000
>
>Annie,
>
>This db has been removed from the network and resides on my local
machine.
>Just a note I did NOT build this one...when they first showed it to
me...I
>warned that it was poorly written and this would eventually happen.
I'm
>kinda the UN-official last resort to get back into it.  I think my
looping
>strategy might work...but I keep running into walls after about 20k
>records...I'll share the end results if anyone's interested in the
results.

>Thanks,
>
>Mark
>
>>From: <accma at sympatico.ca>
>>To: Access Developers discussion and
>>problemsolving	<accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
>>Subject: Re: Re: [AccessD] Currupt records
>>Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 16:47:51 -0400
>>
>>Mark,
>>
>>Have you tried to add your record to another table using a query?
Also,