[AccessD] Status form

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri May 13 10:20:49 CDT 2005

Hi John

You could go back to set/adjust the Caption of that label.
And/or disable Painting:

    Me.Painting = False
    Me.txtMainMessage.SetFocus
    Me.txtMainMessage.SelStart = Len(Me.txtMainMessage.Value)
    Me.Painting = True

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 05/13 4:36 pm >>>
I am trying to set up a status form that allows displaying a message
but
doesn't hand the system, i.e. replace the msgbox.  I am using Carl
Tribbles'
excellent TS_frmProgress meter, but I want to allow appending messages
the displayed message.  IOW, display recX printed, RecY printed etc.
consecutively as things happen so that the text box ends up with a list
of
everything that has been displayed so far.

In order to do this I replaced the label which Carl had used to display
the
message with a text box but that causes several issues.  I now have to
use
the following code:

    Me.txtMainMessage.SetFocus
    Me.txtMainMessage.SelStart = Len(Me.txtMainMessage.Value)

to cause the last part of the data to be displayed as I write a new
line
out.  This code causes ugly flashing and stuff.

My question then is - is there any way to display a growing list of
text,
such that the display only shows the last visible lines, without ugly
flashing and stuff?