[AccessD] OT: Time billing software

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon May 16 09:54:00 CDT 2005

Whoa, that's an application!

http://folding.stanford.edu/

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Steve Capistrant
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 10:39 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: RE: [AccessD] OT: Time billing software

We use an off-the-shelf product we developed for our customers.  Eating your
own dog food turns out to be a good way to ensure quality control
:)

The software (named Federation) is a contact management system that includes
a Projects module with optional features specific to software development
(e.g. alpha testing status for each task).  Define projects, monitor ongoing
status, assign people and define their roles, manage tasks, calculate fees,
record billable and nonbillable hours, track milestones, and record notes.
Search for products by code or text, and see project histories for any
customer.  The task manager organizes tasks by heading, by priority level,
by assignee, by requestor, and more.

Report variations filter, sort, and group tasks in various ways. Billable
and nonbillable time can be carefully tracked and linked to projects in the
Time Log.  The timesheet lets you keep on top of staff hours, paid time off,
project billing, and type of work.  Management reports include a revenues
pipeline, prospect lists, marketing activity graph, billable hours graph,
time usage analysis, revenue generation, work in progress, and billing
preparation worksheet.

If you want to explore it, download a fully operational eval version at
www.symphonyinfo.com/products/fed.

Steve Capistrant
scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com
Symphony Information Services