[AccessD] Global Variable

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed May 18 08:18:02 CDT 2005

Hi Scott

In my opinion, if you work on a team where some developer just grabs a
global without researching and respecting what it is intended for, which
functions or processes use it, and without documenting that now (s)he
has added a function that uses it - not to say writes to it - too, you
have problems on a larger scale than this thread is about.

/gustav

>>> marcus at tsstech.com 05/18 2:25 pm >>>

Most of the issues I've seen where globals bring to light why they are
bad practice involve a second developer storing a value that was never
intended to be placed in the variable that causes another function
(seemingly unrelated), written by another developer, to crash and burn
(not an error per se but definitely not a value that the function
would
expect) ..