[AccessD] Data Types (was - Global Variable)

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu May 19 10:14:40 CDT 2005

>Recalling that whole fiasco reminds me that nothing I do is so important
that I should try to improve the speed above and beyond that  of the
compiler(interpreter), I should just write code that is maintainable. Thanks
for the kick in the (memory) pants!

That is an important point.  Code should be written using "best practices",
then IF and WHEN bottlenecks are found, "tricks" can be used to speed things
up.  We have all seen code written by the idiot whose sole concern is speed
and whose code is unreadable, let alone maintainable.

http://folding.stanford.edu/