[AccessD] Data Types (was - Global Variable)

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu May 19 12:03:04 CDT 2005

Just to be fair, that dude was writing code for controllers and probably had
to know how to do some optimization above what the compilers did in the
early 90s. Problem was most of the class didn't need to know C that in
depth, in was a primary level C class!

Hmmm, that might be a pun but I can't remember C that well
:o)

John B.

John W. Colby wrote:

>important
that I should try to improve the speed above and beyond that  of the
compiler(interpreter), I should just write code that is maintainable. Thanks
for the kick in the (memory) pants!

That is an important point.  Code should be written using "best practices",
then IF and WHEN bottlenecks are found, "tricks" can be used to speed things
up.  We have all seen code written by the idiot whose sole concern is speed
and whose code is unreadable, let alone maintainable.