[AccessD] planning

Johncliviger at aol.com Johncliviger at aol.com
Sun May 22 10:18:24 CDT 2005

Hi Rocky

Thank you for those comments. It put the problems much more clearly.   How
this job started was that a client of mine running a small manufacturing  plant
started using MS Project to schedule his production line and  when there was
spare capacity in production it seemed to work. But now  demand has increased
30/40% so spare capacity has gone and bottlenecks are  poping up.

His immediate question is how many new staff do I need to meet demand and
what is my maximum production capacity and how does that vary from planned
Production capacity?

I don't think that I can tinker with Project and give him the reports he
wants.  So I'm now looking at how to give him some  good news on a temporary
solution. Hence the question on capacity  Planning.

I may go the whole hog and suggest a piece of software designed for  the job
but not yet.

Once again Rocky thank you for you comments

John C