[AccessD] OT: can't see workgroup - SOLVED (for me)

Thu May 26 13:19:21 CDT 2005

Great! Glad you got it fixed, and I think you might have given me the hint
to fix the problem my son has with *his* wireless connection on his XP Home
Edition box. :-)

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of John W. Colby
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:54 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] OT: can't see workgroup - SOLVED (for me)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The problem in my case was that I had entirely disabled the Windows Firewall
/ Internet connection sharing.  It turns out that this disables the stuff
for the browser service, even if that browser stuff is enabled.  The link
provided by Jim had me check that (actually just try and open the firewall
wizard) and doing so told me that I had this service disabled.  I went in to
the service and enabled it and voila.  I did reboot both machines and now
can see the workgroup and the other machines.

I seem to remember turning this service off to disable the nagging "you
might not be protected" crap.  Sigh.

http://folding.stanford.edu/