[AccessD] Batch Updating with ADO

Darsant Silverstring darsant at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:19:03 CDT 2005

I'm using ADO to open various other databases, modify and analyze it,
then write the data to about 8 recordsets connected via ADO (in the
same database). Reading takes a short period of time, but the constant
start/stop of writing is slowing down the program.

I want to be able to use BatchUpdate to process the update of 500k
added records at the end of the process, vs during each step.

On 5/31/05, Charlotte Foust <cfoust at infostatsystems.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand your request.  BatchUpdate using ADO means
> that you make a series of changes in a recordset and then apply the
> update at the end of all the changes instead of at the end of each
> record's changes.  It sounds like you might be talking about something
> else.
>
> Charlotte Foust

Darsant Silverstring

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein