[AccessD] A97: How to OpenDatabase an mdb with a password?

DJK(John) Robinson djkr at msn.com
Tue May 31 14:29:40 CDT 2005

I am analyzing and documenting a bunch of interlinked Access 97 databases
left behind by someone else.  Many have passwords, and I know what they are.
They need to be left ON, if possible.

I'm writing VBA in my own database to open each of the other databases in
turn, to get some design information from them.  However, I am having
difficulty getting the OpenDatabase command right in the case of the
databases with passwords.  Whatever I try, I get RTE 3031: Not a valid
password.

Does anybody know the magic formula, please?

John