[AccessD] MySQL Newbie

Joe Rojas JRojas at tnco-inc.com
Thu Nov 3 11:19:50 CST 2005

Hi All!

I have been keeping an eye on MySQL for sometime now. I have been hesitant to use it because I have been accustomed to using SQL Server and like using stored procedures and triggers.
Now that MySQL 5 is out, I very interested in checking it out.

I have some newbie questions.

1) Does Access play nicely with MySQL?

2) Is MySQL really free? Are there fees somewhere for using the software?

3) Does MySQL come with management tools, like Enterprise Manager for SQL Server?

4) I see there is a Standard version and a MAX version on MySQL.com. What is the difference?

Thanks!
JR