[AccessD] Access Error

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Thu Nov 3 13:43:16 CST 2005

I've got a user that just called our office with an A2K problem.
Something happened w/the system and she had to reboot her PC, while
Acess was saving...this is according to her.

The problem is that her db, which I am quessing is just basic tables
and basic, if any, forms, will no longer open. The error that we are
getting is, "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process
because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at
the same time."

Anybody got a clue how to get into this thing?

I have tried:

1) Moving the db to another directory (Stupid, I know, but I was hoping
to clear any locks up that way...maybe it would see it as a whole new
instance)

2) Removing any "connected" open files...the ldb...there was a hidden
file that I believe was the ldb (I did it too quick to be sure...but
there not usually hidden...right)

3) Renaming the file (I thought if it were looking at it, from a
network file usage this might trick it.

I really don't know, and as you can tell, I am grasping here. Luckilly,
I haven't had very many problems since switching to Access, so I haven't
had too much experience with this. When we used FoxPro...still got
some...it broke everytime there was a network problem...plus some. I've
still got a version of "FoxFix" on my PC that I have to drag out, every
now and then.

Thanks

John W Clark