[AccessD] Delete button on continuous form

David & Joanne Gould dajomigo at tpg.com.au
Mon Nov 14 19:56:00 CST 2005

I am working on a database for a video library. The hire form has a
continuous form that has a delete button on each row. The users can also
double-click on the combo box for selecting the movie title to change the
rental type (eg overnight to weekly, etc). This is what causes the problem.
The delete button was created using the wizard. If the user hasn't change
the rental type then the delete button works fine. If they have they will
get a message "Write conflict" telling them that another user has made
changes to the record. They then have three choices:

Save record: This gets the message "The record cannot be deleted or changed
because 'tblHires' includes related records"
Copy to Clipboard: This gets the message "No Current record" and then
deletes the details as I wanted
Drop Changes: This does the same thing as the Copy to Clipboard option.

I believe I either need to make a change to the code used to change the
Rental type (probably the right way to fix it) or find a way to suppress
the error message when I am deleting so the user isn't bothered by it. I
have tried turning warnings off but it made no difference.

TIA

David Gould
DG Solutions