[AccessD] Database Comparison Tool

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Sat Nov 19 16:50:40 CST 2005

I have the SQL bundle from Red Gate Software, which includes SQL Compare and
SQL Data Compare. Both work wonderfully and I use them every day. However,
they work with SQL and not with MDBs. Is there an equivalent tool for MDBs?
By equivalent, I mean that said tool should list the a) structural
differences and b) the data differences between db1 and db2; and further,
that the databases can be synchronized in either direction. I.e., a column
has been added to a table in db1: add it to the same table in db2; said
column has been populated with values: in pass two (sql data compare),
replicate the values; in db1 two rows were added which are not present in
db2: copy those rows to db2.
Any such tool exists for MDB?
TIA,
Arthur
P.S.
I realize that one way to get there is to upsize db1 and db2 to SQL, then
run the Red Gate tools. But wonder if there is something MDB-specific.