[AccessD] ShellExecute to sendshort e-mailvia non-MS email clients...

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Thu Nov 3 08:42:16 CST 2005

> Message Box gives me a return value of 42
Return value 42 is OK - I get the same when new e-mail message is created
and Outlook Express is popped up.

> But then I get what looks like an Outlook error msg."The ordinal 36
> could not be located in the dynamic link library Mapi32.dll."
Weird.
This means that a function with entry point ordinal #36 doesn't exist in
Mapi32.dll
Looks like your old NT machine doesn't support mailto protocol despite the
fact that ShellExecute returns 42 = OK.

Shamil