[AccessD] Trigger help

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Fri Nov 11 13:36:51 CST 2005

First of all, do you mean the 1st 60% of the records?  Last 60%, etc?

I think I would capture all of the events for the day and have a nightly
SPROC that goes through and processes the particular 60% that you wanted.
Maybe store a random number in an extra field and when you go to process it,
sort the table by the random number and count the number of records and then
take the top 60% of them and write them out to the event table.  If you have
a very high volume, this may not be a good way.

A lot really depends on which 50% of the records you want.  Like in your
example, you could write 6, skip 4, write 6, etc.

Bobby