[AccessD] Cryptlib for encryption/decrypting/signing

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Sun Nov 13 21:47:48 CST 2005

Personally, I would never venture to say that an encryption system has never
been cracked, unless I worked for the NSA and/or the Mossad. And even then I
would be reluctant.
Bringing to mind a central theme of Neal Stephenson's Crytonomicon: given
that you have a crack to the Nazi encryption scheme, if you suddenly prevent
U-boats from sinking troop-and-transport ships, then they will know you have
cracked the system -- therefore you must allow some ships to be sunk; and
therefore, aside from the guilt factor, the salient question becomes -- how
many ships can you save before the Nazis realize you're on to their scheme?
A.