[AccessD] Counting group headers in a report (FAQ)

A.D.Tejpal adtp at touchtelindia.net
Tue Nov 15 12:55:10 CST 2005

bruce,

    Following course of action is suggested
    (1) Counting the number of groups
        (a) Place a calculated text box named grpcnt, having expression =1 in the group footer (as already done by you). Set it's RunningSum property to OverAll.
        (b) Place a text box named TxtTot having expression =[grpcnt] in report footer. This text box (as well as the one in last group footer) will display the total count of groups.
    (2) Counting the number of records in each group.
        (a) Use the expression = Count(*) in the text box in group footer.
        (b) If progressive totals are needed, set the RunningSum property to OverAll, otherwise set it to None.
    (3) Counting the grand total number of records in the report.
        Place a text box having expression = Count(*) in report footer.

Best wishes,
A.D.Tejpal