[AccessD] Design Question

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Wed Nov 16 01:08:12 CST 2005

Being a normalization freak, my take would be a thrice of tables, Contacts
and ContactRelationships and Relationships, the intermediate table being
associative (i.e. M-M). Then in case a new relationship evinces, you are
covered by simply adding a row to Relationships and populating the
associative table appropriately.
If you are absolutely sure that no other relationships can evolve other than
the two stated, then my proposal is overkill. Assuming this, then you need a
column (YesNo) for each of the two relationships. You queries will then need
to anticipate either or both.
HTH,
Arthur