[AccessD] Emailing Form Data

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Wed Nov 16 08:49:37 CST 2005

If you are going to go the Excel route I would
1) Create an Excel template formatted properly with sheet and/or workbook
protection. I usually create a hidden sheet in the template linked to the
user input form. This is the sheet I read back into the database.
2) Populate the individual templates with an Access routine
3) Automatically email the workbook to users
4) Have the users email the completed workbook back to you.
5) I have an attachment save addin in Outlook that saves attachments to a
specified directory.
6) Have an Access form with a timer routine that periodically reads all
files in the save directory and loads the data from the workbook into
Access. The routine renames the files and moves them to a completed
directory
HTH
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyd, Mark Thomas (US - Philadelphia) [mailto:mboyd at deloitte.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:55 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Emailing Form Data

Thanks Drew.  I agree that posting a web page would ideal, but I don't
have access to a web server, or even a file sharing server for that
matter.  I am at a client site, with limited resources.
I'm starting to think that just sending an Excel file for the user to
update should meet our needs.

Mark Boyd
Senior Consultant
Enterprise Risk Services