[AccessD] OT - Visual Basic DataCombo Control, Displaying First Item In List

Paul Hartland (ISHARP) paul.hartland at isharp.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 04:41:08 CST 2005

To all,

I have a DataCombo control which will vary with the number of records
contained inside it depending on what account number of a particular client
is selected, but I can seem to set it up to display the first item in a list
when the recordset of the DataCombo box is returned..

I did think about using a recordset variable to get the clone of the
recordset and return the first item that way, but this seems long winded and
surely there must be a cleaner more effective way.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help on this or supply sample code etc.

Paul Hartland
Database Developer.