[AccessD] Creating an ADO Data Provider

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Nov 18 08:16:04 CST 2005

Hi Marty

That's right - but wouldn't you have to use the ODBC driver anyway?

Of course, using the ODBC driver directly you'll have to deal with connections strings etc. Creating an ADO Data Provider you hide the connection details away.

/gustav

>>> martyconnelly at shaw.ca 17-11-2005 19:57:40 >>>
Just a guess but you might want to do this for example with SAP DB or
it's other incarnation from MySQL MaxDB
since I don't think anyone has written an OLEDB provider yet. Otherwise
you have to use an ODBC driver.