[AccessD] OT Python and IIS install

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Nov 19 18:46:20 CST 2005

On 19 Nov 2005 at 14:03, Jim Lawrence wrote:

> OT:
>
> Hi all:
>
> I again apologize for so many OT questions but the clients are always right.
>
> Does Python connect to IIS/Apache, or is even supposed to, like PHP or Perl?
> If so what file?

PHP and Perl are very different in they way  work they with an HTTP server.
PHP is normally run as a module of the HTTP server. Perl is generally used
as a CGI processor.

If you are using Apache, you can use mod_python to integrate Python with
the server.  See http://www.modpython.org/ and
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/2003/10/02/mod_python.htm

If you are using IIS, or your Apache server does not include mod_python,
you  use Python programs/scripts as a CGI  processor the same way you would
use programs written in Perl, C, VB or whatever.

For using Python as a CGI processor, take a look at:
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lab2q/ and
http://gnosis.cx/publish/programming/feature_5min_python.html

--
Stuart